Thursday, March 17, 2011

Furious Love

As usual, something always comes up and keeps me from writing. Lately, it's been LIFE. Our youngest is now a year old and our oldest has turned 21! We have celebrated 3 of our kids birthdays in the last 3 months and have 3 more next 2 months. In addition, we are still homeschooling, helping with church's youth group, and I coupon full-time. (Which means I have way too much fun shopping while spending very little money)!

God has been working in our family as well. Praise the LORD! He is refining me as a wife and mother. Teaching me how far I am from His likeness. Wow, really? Well, I am sure grateful that He is gracious and merciful!

I have seen His hand working on my heart and softening it towards my husband (more on that in a later post) and fellow humans. That might sound weird but compassion and mercy are like last on my character traits list. I tend to shy away from"caring". Safer that way, I guess.  But it is VERY ineffective when one is called to LOVE like Christ. He NEVER did not care. He loved so furiously that he gave up ALL He was for those He loved. He redeemed the worst and loved the least.

Can I say that about my love? NO. Do I want to say that? (tentatively she answers) Yes.  I know in my head that that kind of Love frees the prisoner and unbinds the captive and my heart wants to go there-  but it's scary! I am so grateful to Him for loving me like that - grateful seems so pathetic of a word- I am though. However, does He really expect me to love like that too? I mean He can do it because He is the Creator, the Abba, the Ha-Shem (the Name). I am just unrighteous and unholy me. Can I really do that? Has He really called me to Love like that?

He tells us that "they will know us by our love". Not our human love but our Godly love. A Love that transcend our flesh and cuts right to the heart and soul. That Love is what saves, redeems and frees. That is the kind of furious Love that we have been given and that we are supposed to freely give. I can do none of this without His Holy Spirit. I am incapable of loving even the most lovable without Him. I must submit to His authority and allow Him to change me. To break me. To refine me. I must desire His way. His will above my own agenda; above my own "plans". His plans are perfect even when I don't get it. His way is best even when it makes no sense in the natural. His Love is perfect!


17In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought to completion and attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world.
    18There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].
    19We love Him, because He first loved us. 1 John 4: 17-19 (Amplified Bible)
 
We love Him, because He first loved us. I have to camp on that one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment